Once again, as the seasons turn, we get another opportunity to gather again and share memories – and decompress! It’s a little later this year than last, due to it becoming quite a challenge to find a venue that can contain the sheer fabulosity of all of you in one place – but we’ve nailed down a venue, and yes, yebo, ja – it’s on for the 15th of August!
Will it be as wild and wonderful as our thing in the desert? But of course, because – just like Tankwa Town – it’s all created by you. It all starts at 12 midday, and ends around 12 midnight – hell, you could even call it a daycompression. Here’s what the day & night session features this time round:
– +++ tbc
– Short clips
– artists are also invited to show their build & burn clips.
Got flicks? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme camp decor:
– Beach, Please will be beaching up a corner just for you
– Smoken Token’s dome will be in the house
– The NowNow Tree’s flags and pennants will drape and decorate
– The Purple Spanking Booth will roast your rear
– The Kissing Booth will offer opportunities to pucker up
– +++ tbc
– ‘Poppie Van Spookfontein’ by Herman Van Wyk (burn)
– ‘Love, Life and Everything Else’ by Werner Strauss
– ‘Mutant Studio Gallery’ by Dirk Pieters
– ‘Pipe Dreams Junior’ by Izan Greyling (sound art)
– +++ tbc
Your host and MC for the Temple of Rock is our very own The Right Irrelevant Bishop Loon with guest appearances from :
12:45 – 13:50 Ward 10
14:00 – 14:50 Fishwives
15:00 – 15:50 Martinique Matinino
16:00 – 16:30 Funkmaster Flash Cats
16:40 – 17:00 Bishop Loon and the Loonatics
17:10 – 18:00 Burn
18:10 – 19:00 Crimson House
19:10 – 20:00 The Rockerfellas
Indoor Sound System
Silent Disco Channels
6-8 Loic 2D (Yes Please to the Temple of Rock)
8-10 Cat In The Hat
11 – close Unclepaul Holmes
4-6 Iain Dallas
8-10 Moody Bloom
Thank you to all who’ve stepped up to volunteer their time & musical skills! It’s safe to say all DJ slots are now filled.
Wanna get involved? Damn fine – hit these links:
Don’t fit into those categories, but still want to get involved? Email email@example.com and our crew will assist.
Click the link above for presales via Quicket, otherwise it’s R150 on the door (and kids under 3 free, under 14: R50)
The German Club, Hope Street, Cape Town.
Wash your hands and stay informed. Emergency Hotline: 0800 029 999 | WhatsApp Support Line: 0600-123456