Beyond the Binnekring in both space and time is where you’ll find our Outreach team doing its thing with and for the community. But which community? And what is community? Like all things AfrikaBurn, these notions are ever debated and hopefully evolving.
Outreach is inviting you to apply for a Spark Grant to make some positive impact in your community, or someone else’s community, whatever that may be.
So, what is a Spark Grant, and how does it work?
· A Spark Grant is micro-funding of up to R5000 to effect a guiding principle in the default world.
· There are 11 grants available – that’s one per principle: you choose.
· Applications close on 30 June 2017 at 5pm
· Applications must be proposed or nominated by a participant of PLAY – meaning if you didn’t go to Tankwa Town this year, you’ll need to get the support of someone who did.
· You’ll need an email address and an ID/passport number to apply.
· If your application is nominated, you’ll need the nominator’s ID/passport number too.
· Full criteria was on the application form (but applications have now closed)
· Successful applicants will be notified by 13 July 2017.
· A contract will be issued to you before the funds are disbursed.
UPDATE: Spark Grants have been awarded! See the full list, with details on each project, HERE.